- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2/3 cup luke warm milk
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled to luke warm
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/4 to 3 3/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast, sugar and milk; allow to stand
- faomy, about 5 minutes
- Add teh butter,. salt and egg to the yeast mizture and mix well
- with a wooden spoon.
- C. Stir in 3/ 1/4 cups flour, 1 cup at a time, stirring well after
- each addition.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead gently until have a
- rather loose dough*, about 3 mintues, adding just enough of the
- remaining flour to prevent sticking. Shape into a ball, cover with a linenen
- or cotton (not terry cloth) towel and allow to stand for 10 mi nutes.
- The dough is now ready to use. You can refrigerate it for up to 24
- you can save time by making it in the bread machine, on dough cycle.
NotesThis is a great, easy, non risihng yeast dough that produces something bewteen yeast dough and short pastry. It is well known to every working Russian woman. In theory, anyway.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More