- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- • 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- • ¼ cup (packed) fresh basil, shredded
- • 1 shallot, finely minced
- • 6 tbsp olive oil
- • 1 head radicchio, shredded
- • 16 oz spinach, washed and shredded
- • 1 full chicken breast, roasted (approx. 12 oz) and chopped or shredded into 1” pieces
- • 2 oranges, segmented
- • 4 oz Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- • ½ cup pecans
- • 2 tomatoes, cored, seeded and chopped
- • 1 avocado
- • Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine orange juice, thyme, 1 tsp shredded basil, shallot, salt and pepper. Drizzle in olive oil, whisking, until emulsified.
- 2. Add to the bowl remaining basil, radicchio, spinach, chicken pieces, tomato pieces, orange segments, and pecans. Toss to combine thoroughly with citrus dressing.
- 3. Halve the avocado; remove pit. Remove the avocado flesh from the skin in a solid piece by working a large spoon in between the flesh and skin; squirt a little orange juice over the avocado to prevent browning while working. Once removed, slice each avocado half in two, making four quarters. Thinly slice each quarter into a ‘fan’ shape.
- 4. Split the salad evenly between four salad bowls. Sprinkle Gorgonzola over each. Garnish the top of each salad with one avocado quarter. Serve.
NotesThis is a home version of a fantastic salad made by a local cafe. It's got bold flavors in a bright citrus dressing that mix amazingly well; not to mention that it's light and extremely good for you.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Cooking with Sabra
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More