- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 slice bread cut in half
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. oil
- Combine egg, milk, vanilla in large flat bowl. Mix well.
- Place bread in bowl and let it soak up egg mixture on first side then the other.
- Remove from pan and place in white sugar, coat on both sides
- Place on plate add a bit of butter and add maple syrup.
- Nigella did make a strawberry sauce:
- 4 to 5 strawberries
- place in blender
- add icing sugar 1/4 cup
- a squirt of lemon juice
- blend together and then pour over french toast
NotesDuring this week I woke up in the middle of the night and could not get back to sleep. So I turned on the tv and watched last weeks episode of Nigella Express. She made this Doughnut French toast So when I got up for work in the morning, I just had to try it. It was really good. On Saturday I made it for Daniel, he liked it as well. This recipe is for one, so just increase to how many people you are making this for.