- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 60
- 1 Large Onion
- 3 or 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Bunches Green Onions
- 1 Bunch Dill
- 4 lbs. Lean Hamburger
- 2 Cupse Long Grain Rice (Uncooked)
- 2 Large Jars of Grape Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Tumeric
- 16 oz. Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Lemon
- Chop 1 large onion and 3-4 garlic cloves and satee until a carmel brown.
- Finely chop 2 bunches of green onion and 1 bunch dill.
- In large bowl, mix together 4 lbs. lean hamburger and uncooked long grain rice.
- Mix large onion, garlic cloves, green onion, dill, 2 tblsp paprika and 1 tblsp tumeric with hamburger and rice.
- Remove all grape leaves from jar and lay flat on a plate leaving the remaining juice in the jar (we will need it later).
- Place a spoonful of the meaty mixture into the middle of the grapeleaves, and roll up the grape leaves like a burrito tucking sides in.
- Place grape leaves into a pot layering them and packing them snug.
- Pour in liquid from jars or water to fill about 3/4 full, add tomato sauce and squeeze lemon on top.
- Place a saucer (small plate) on top of doulma to keep in place.
- Cover and cook 1 1/2 hours
NotesThis is an Assyrian dish that is incredibly delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Cooking with SabraSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More