- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 8 oz lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon each, salt and pepper
- 1 ½ pounds all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Heat a large skillet over moderately high heat until hot. Add the beef and turkey and sauté, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes or until the meat has lost its pink color and released its juices.
- Remove from heat and spoon the meat into a sieve set over a bowl. Allow the fat to drain from the meat at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the skillet, heat oil over moderately high heat. Add onions, garlic, carrots, and celery and sauté about 10 minutes or until softened and golden brown.
- Return meat to skillet. Stir in beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has cooked off and all of the vegetables are tender.
- In a pan of water, bring potatoes to a boil, and cook until tender. Add potatoes and parsley to the skillet and gently toss together with the meat mixture.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce