- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or old nippy cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sweet onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika (for sprinkling)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Dissolve yeast in 2 tbsps of warm water. Set aside.
- In large bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, garlic powder and salt.
- Cut in butter, until well blended.
- Next, lightly stir in buttermilk and yeast mixture.
- Now add the shredded cheese, finely chopped onions and minced peppers.
- Beat well.
- On a lightly floured board knead until a smooth dough forms.
- Then roll dough 1/2 thick and cut into two inch squares.
- Place biscuits on a lightly greased sheet and brush with melted butter.
- Finally, sprinkle with paprika and dried thyme.
- Bake in a 450 degree oven for 10- 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More