DREAMY COCONUT SQUARES
- Cooking Time: 1 hour total
- Servings: depends on size of bar c
- Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Butter and flour an 8 inch square baking pan.
Cream the butter and powdered sugar.
Stir in the flour.
Spread the mixture in the prepared baking pan.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Beat the eggs and the brown sugar until thick.
Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder.
Stir into the egg mixture.
Stir in the nuts and coconut.
Spread over the crust.
Bake for an additional 30 minutes.
Cool and cut in squares
I have not made this recipe in a very long time.