- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 oz (about 1/2 cup loosely packed) dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot.
- Add dried mushrooms and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute baby bellos in a pat of butter in a small saute pan until tender.
- Transfer to a food processor.
- Once dried mushrooms are tender, tranfer to food processor with a slotted spoon, reserving mushroom broth for another use (like stock!).
- Add garlic and thyme and puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir into risotto, pasta, soups, or use as a dip or spread.
Notesadapted from Mark Bittman's The Minimalist Cooks at Home
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More