- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 oz (about 1/2 cup loosely packed) dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot.
- Add dried mushrooms and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute baby bellos in a pat of butter in a small saute pan until tender.
- Transfer to a food processor.
- Once dried mushrooms are tender, tranfer to food processor with a slotted spoon, reserving mushroom broth for another use (like stock!).
- Add garlic and thyme and puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir into risotto, pasta, soups, or use as a dip or spread.
Notesadapted from Mark Bittman's The Minimalist Cooks at Home
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More