- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 oz (about 1/2 cup loosely packed) dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot.
- Add dried mushrooms and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute baby bellos in a pat of butter in a small saute pan until tender.
- Transfer to a food processor.
- Once dried mushrooms are tender, tranfer to food processor with a slotted spoon, reserving mushroom broth for another use (like stock!).
- Add garlic and thyme and puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir into risotto, pasta, soups, or use as a dip or spread.
Notesadapted from Mark Bittman's The Minimalist Cooks at Home
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Cooking for a Cure
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More