- Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup dried Michigan Cherries
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 package cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons cherry or plum jam or jelly ( I prefer jam, myself)
- 1/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Dash of course ground pepper
- Put your dried Michigan Cherries in a small bowl.
- Heat Cranberry juice to just boiling, then pour over the cherries.
- Let the cherries in juice sit for about 8 to ten minutes.
- Drain, put on paper towels to dry and cool.
- While the cherries are cooling combine cream cheese and cherry or plum jelly, mix well.
- Next add blue cheese and cooled but now plump Michigan Cherries.
- Add the dash of course ground pepper.
- Refridgerate in a covered bowl overnight or at least for an hour.
- Serve with Garlic Rye Chips.
NotesCherries, Cherries, & more Cherries when they are in season, but its nice to have a package of the dried for during the long winter months when you are going crazy thinking that you just can't get through another day with "snow". Its pretty and everything but some days ....... any ways this is a nice pre-dinner glitzy kind of appy when you have a few friends over to whisk away the winter blahs.
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More