DRIED MICHIGAN CHERRY TANGY CREAM CHEESE
Dried Michigan Cherry Tangy Cream Cheese
- Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup dried Michigan Cherries
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 package cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons cherry or plum jam or jelly ( I prefer jam, myself)
- 1/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Dash of course ground pepper
Put your dried Michigan Cherries in a small bowl.
Heat Cranberry juice to just boiling, then pour over the cherries.
Let the cherries in juice sit for about 8 to ten minutes.
Drain, put on paper towels to dry and cool.
While the cherries are cooling combine cream cheese and cherry or plum jelly, mix well.
Next add blue cheese and cooled but now plump Michigan Cherries.
Add the dash of course ground pepper.
Refridgerate in a covered bowl overnight or at least for an hour.
Serve with Garlic Rye Chips.