- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time:
- 5 pounds chuck roast
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- Place roast in a large pot with water to cover.
- Mix in bouillon, salt, and garlic salt.
- Place the bay leaves, peppercorns, oregano, and rosemary in a coffee filter and secure tightly with a rubber band.
- Add this to the pot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low, cover with a lid, and simmer for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove coffee filter and discard.
- Remove roast from the pot and shred with two forks.
- Reserve broth for dipping if desired.
Notes"This recipe makes tender, wonderfully flavored meat that is great for sandwiches. I also like to serve it with flour tortillas, cheese, refried beans, etc. for people to 'build their own burritos'."
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
NFPG Recipe Collection
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More