- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- pound of flour
- 2 T sugar
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t cream of tartar
- 1 egg
- 1/4c - 1/2c buttermilk.
- Mix Flour, Sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar.
- Then chop in butter with a pastry cutter or two forks until mixture is a dustier version of pie crust.
- In a separate container beat egg with 1/4c - 1/2c buttermilk.
- Make dry ingredients into a mountain with a hole in the center.
- Start by slowly add liquids into center and work your way through out until you get a sticky dough that pulls away from itself.
- Not to wet, not to dry.
- Add a selection of berries and nuts or savory items such as grated cheese and parsley to your liking.
- Form dough into a a ball and semi flatten.
- Cut into 4 or 6 triangles dust with flour and put onto a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven at a moderate temperature for approx. 45 minutes until scones are golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
The Naked Macaron
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More