- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- pound of flour
- 2 T sugar
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t cream of tartar
- 1 egg
- 1/4c - 1/2c buttermilk.
- Mix Flour, Sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar.
- Then chop in butter with a pastry cutter or two forks until mixture is a dustier version of pie crust.
- In a separate container beat egg with 1/4c - 1/2c buttermilk.
- Make dry ingredients into a mountain with a hole in the center.
- Start by slowly add liquids into center and work your way through out until you get a sticky dough that pulls away from itself.
- Not to wet, not to dry.
- Add a selection of berries and nuts or savory items such as grated cheese and parsley to your liking.
- Form dough into a a ball and semi flatten.
- Cut into 4 or 6 triangles dust with flour and put onto a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven at a moderate temperature for approx. 45 minutes until scones are golden brown.
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
AMFC Clamily Cook Book
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More