- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups of mushrooms
- Use any kind and you can use more than one type. I like a mixture of regular and a bit of Shitake.
- 1 1/2 cups of bourbon
- Any brand will do the cheaper the better
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
- A dash of kosher salt
- Take a glass jar
- Cut the end of the stems off
- Put the mushrooms in the jar
- Add the kosher salt and garlic
- Pour the bourbon over it
- Put the lid on and put in the refrigerator
- After about 30 minutes shake the jar
- Leave there until the next day.
- Before your guests arive pour the mixture into a skillet or pan and warm it up.
- Put on a pretty plate and serve.
NotesMy Grandmother believed that a shot of Kentucky bourbon a day kept the doctor away. She lived to the ripe old age of 89. I give you her recipe for a ready to cook appetizer.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More