- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups of mushrooms
- Use any kind and you can use more than one type. I like a mixture of regular and a bit of Shitake.
- 1 1/2 cups of bourbon
- Any brand will do the cheaper the better
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
- A dash of kosher salt
- Take a glass jar
- Cut the end of the stems off
- Put the mushrooms in the jar
- Add the kosher salt and garlic
- Pour the bourbon over it
- Put the lid on and put in the refrigerator
- After about 30 minutes shake the jar
- Leave there until the next day.
- Before your guests arive pour the mixture into a skillet or pan and warm it up.
- Put on a pretty plate and serve.
NotesMy Grandmother believed that a shot of Kentucky bourbon a day kept the doctor away. She lived to the ripe old age of 89. I give you her recipe for a ready to cook appetizer.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
NFPG Recipe Collection
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More