- Cooking Time: 3 to 5
- Preparation Time:
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp tequila
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- Saute shrimp in olive oil.
- Turn shrimp and add shallots and pine nuts.
- Season with salt and pepper and saute briefly, until shrimp is cooked through (about 3 minutes).
- Deglaze pan with tequila, then with lime juice and stock, and reduce.
- Add cream and reduce again.
- Add tabasco and check seasonings.
- Finish with butter.
NotesThese shrimp are great to fill fajitas or on a bed steamed veggies!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More