- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 60
- 4 pounds pork featherbones, cleaned, skined and cut to servings
- For pineapple rice:
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- pinch cayenne pepper
- For rub
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle seasoning salt
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2/3 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon dry mesquite flavored seasoning mix
- 2 Tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Cook the rice in the water and pineapple juice. Bring to a boil, then turn the temperature down to low and let it sit covered for 30 Min.
- When the rice is finished, add the sesame oil, pineapple, and cayenne pepper. Stir and cook on medium low for 10 minutes, just to let the flavors combine. Set a side.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Mix well in a bowl all the rub seasoning together. Put a side.
- Spray a baking dish (13" x 9")
- Lay in a layer of ribs, layed long ways, then 1/2 of the rice. Sprinkle a small amount of the rub over rice. Then another layer ribs,layed short ways, the rest of the rice, and little more rub. If there is ribs left over, put on top, layed long ways & then top with more rub. (You may not use all the rub, keep in a jar with tight lid & in a dark, dry place.)
- Cover dish with aluminum foil that has been sprayed or the new non-stick foil. Seal tight around dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until internal temperature of pork has reached 160 degrees F. or meat is falling off the bone, but not dry!
NotesThem’s the smaller connective bones which along with the chine kind’a hold the ribs together and such while the animal is still alive. I tend to leave ‘em on during cookin' em cause they are juicy and flavorful. Why? They add a little wild taste to hog which is pleasing to my palate. Reminds me of days out on the farm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Simple Homemade Favorites
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More