- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ducks, cleaned
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic
- 2 apples, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 lb. bacon
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups canned sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Season ducks with mixture of paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Divide and stuff half into bird cavities and place other half in bottom of baking pan. Cover breasts with uncooked bacon and place into baking pan with melted butter and water. Place pan in preheated 350 degrees F. oven; bake 3 hours. Baste every 30 minutes.
- Cook the remaining bacon until crisp.
- Rinse sauerkraut thoroughly. Combine sauerkraut, caraway seeds, brown sugar, apples, onion and crumbled bacon in a frying pan. Mix well. Simmer on low for two hours, adding moisture and turning as needed. This is a pest but it is good. Serve quartered ducks on sauerkraut.
NotesThis is an other one of my Grandmother Clouse's recipes, of corse she made her own sauerrkraut in a big vat. Once it had "cooked" out in the shed long enough, we'd can it in jars.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More