- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 lbs. butter at room temp.
- 10 egg whites
- 1 lb. granulated sugar
- I place the egg whites and the sugar in my clean mixer bowl, and place it over a pot of simmering water, whisking occasionaly until it registers 110 degrees, or hot to the touch (you are looking to dissolve the sugar, and bring the eggs up to safe temperature for use).
- I immediately put it on my stand mixer and whip it on high until it is stiff and you get the birds beak on the end of the whisk when you raise it.
- Meanwhile, cut up the butter into cubes and set aside.
- When meringue is ready, switch out the whip with the paddle, turn on low, and slowly add bits of the butter, until it is all gone.
- Add 2 Tbl. Pure vanilla.
- Turn on medium high and let it rip until you have a lovely silky buttercream.
- This can be covered and stored at room temp for a couple of days, refrigerated in an airtight container for a week, or frozen indefinately. Just bring it to room temp and er-whip prior to using.
- TIP: I alway keep my leftover colored frosting in little ziploc containers, in the freezer, from a few tablespoons to cups, and I always end up using them on another cake sometime.
NotesThis is my absolute favorite and all my customers love it.
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More