- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups water
- 2 heaped tbsp gochujjang (Korean chilli paste)
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp dashi powder
- 1 onion, halved and sliced (we were out of onions this day so none in the photo!)
- 2 sheets fried fishcake (also known as odeng), sliced into strips
- 500g rice cake sausages (dduk), soaked in boiling water still softened then drained
- 2 green/spring onions, cleaned and sliced
- 2 boiled eggs
- In a large, deep frying pan, stir together the water, corn syrup, sugar and dashi powder till all is dissolved.
- Add the sliced onion, egg, fried fishcake strips and rice cake pieces to the frying pan and simmer for a few minutes, stirring to ensure that the thickening sauce coats everything properly.
- Once the sauce has thickened and the rice cakes are soft all the way through, serve on a plate, sprinkle the sliced spring onions on top and enjoy while steaming hot :)
- Read more about this dish on my food blog - Kitchen Wench