- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 layer 9" cake
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 sticks softened unsalted butter
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 can of Nestles Dulce De Leche
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- approx 1/4 cup heavy cream or milk
- dash sea salt
- cream 2 sticks of butter
- slowly add 2 cups of the sifted powdered sugar
- add vanilla and half of the cream/milk
- mix till well incorporated
- add half of the Dulce De Leche
- mix till blended well
- add remaining milk/cream
- add the remaining Dulce De Leche
- blend well
- add salt
- continue with the remaining 2 cups of sugar until you reach desired consistency.
- Depending on your desired consistency you might use a little more or less of the sugar.
- Mix on medium for about 4-5 minutes. Keep your eye on this as it mixes and do NOT over mix. I have had it turn grainy if I over mixed.
- Frosts a 2 layer 9" cake
NotesThis is a very easy way to make Dulce De Leche frosting and it evolved from my fascination with Nestle's Dulce De Leche in a can. You can do all kinds of things with this stuff ;-)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More