DULCE DE LECHE BARS
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 rolls (16.5 oz each) Pillsbury Create 'n Bake refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1 3/4 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 bag (14 oz) caramels, unwrapped (I would assume you would know that!)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 3 tablespoons caramel topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- In large bowl, break up 1 roll of cookie dough.
- Stir or knead in 3/4 cup of the oats, 1/3 cup of the brown sugar and 1 tsp of the vanilla until well blended.
- With floured fingers, press mixture evenly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan to form crust.
- Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in same bowl, break up remaining roll of cookie dough.
- Stir or knead in remaining 1 cup oats, 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp vanilla until well blended.
- In large heavy saucepan, heat caramels, butter and condensed milk over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Spread caramel mixture evenly over crust.
- Crumble remaining dough mixture evenly over caramel.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until light golden brown.
- Cool 1 hour.
- Run knife around sides of pan to loosen bars.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- With small spoon, drizzle caramel topping over bars.
- For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.
- Store in refrigerator.
NotesThis one is a bit of a cheater because it starts out with pre-made cookie dough but the results are DELICIOUS so if you won't tell, I won't!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More