- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pints milk
- 12 oz sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine milk, sugar, and soda in a heavy bottomed saucepot.
- Set over medium heat.
- Bring to a slow simmer.
- Mixture will foam up so be sure to watch it...if it does foam up turn heat down slightly.
- Let cook until mixture is a dark caramel color and has thicked. Stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- This is really good on vanilla ice cream.
NotesDulce de Leche is a type of caramel sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More