- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 oz graham crackers
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, plus more for garnish, (I used salted)
- 8 TB butter, melted
- Cream Filling:
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 TB butter, room temperature
- 2 TB powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of dulce de leche, plus more for garnish
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- Place the graham crackers in a food processor and process until coarsely ground. Add the peanuts and continue processing until finely ground. Pulse in the melted butter until well combined.
- Transfer the crumbs to a 9.5" pie dish and press against the bottom and sides. Place in the refrigerator for 10 to 20 minutes.
- While the crust is solidifying, whip the cream cheese and butter with a hand mixed on medium speed until fluffy and as lumpless as possible (there still may be a few but we want them to be minimal). Reduce the speed to low and add in the powdered sugar. Whip until just combined. (if you over whip, you might end up curdling the butter...not the result we're looking for). Add the cream and whip until you have soft peaks.
- Take out your chilled crust and spread the dulce de leche on the bottom of the crust. If your dulce de leche is....too thick, you can warm it up a little in a pan first. Arrange your sliced bananas over the dulce de leche, overlapping as necessary.
- Pour the whipped cream mixture on top of the bananas and spread evenly
- Garnish with dulce de leche and chopped peanuts.
NotesIt's no-bake and easy peasy. Perfect for summer. Or anytime when you don't want to turn on the oven. You can even let the kids make this. Of course, you'll end up with a sticky mess in the kitchen...but hey, that's half the fun when you're a kid, right?
The results? The saltiness from the peanuts, the creamy caramel dulce de leche and of course the bananas....absolutely delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More