DUNGENESS CRAB AND ARTICHOKE HEART DIP
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. fresh shallots, finely chopped
- 1 14 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coursley chopped
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 a large juicy lemon)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb. (2 pkgs.) cream cheese, cut into 1" chunks
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped 1/4"
- 10 oz. fresh dungeness crab meat, picked through to remove any shell
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- 4 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- one crusty baguette, cut on bias in 1/2" slices
Heat olive oil in large saute pan and add the shallots.
Cook until just sweated.
Add the artichokes and season with salt and pepper.
Add the lemon juice and wine and bring to a boil.
Add the sour cream and stir to incorporate.
Add the cream cheese chunks and reduce heat and let the cream cheese melt slowly as you stir to incorporate.
Add the lemon zest, basil and tomato and stir them in and remove from heat.
Add the crab and fold to incorporate.
Puor into a 2 qt. casserole and bake at 350° until hot all the way through (about 30 minutes).
Serve with the sliced baguette...toasted or not...either way it is delicious!