- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. fresh shallots, finely chopped
- 1 14 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coursley chopped
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 a large juicy lemon)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb. (2 pkgs.) cream cheese, cut into 1" chunks
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped 1/4"
- 10 oz. fresh dungeness crab meat, picked through to remove any shell
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- 4 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- one crusty baguette, cut on bias in 1/2" slices
- Heat olive oil in large saute pan and add the shallots.
- Cook until just sweated.
- Add the artichokes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon juice and wine and bring to a boil.
- Add the sour cream and stir to incorporate.
- Add the cream cheese chunks and reduce heat and let the cream cheese melt slowly as you stir to incorporate.
- Add the lemon zest, basil and tomato and stir them in and remove from heat.
- Add the crab and fold to incorporate.
- Puor into a 2 qt. casserole and bake at 350° until hot all the way through (about 30 minutes).
- Serve with the sliced baguette...toasted or not...either way it is delicious!
NotesWe had some guests over for dinner the other night and my wife wanted a good crab and artichoke dip...we never had a good one in a restaurant...so this is what I came up with.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Diabetic Ramen Soup
Super Seedy FlapjackSee More