- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. fresh shallots, finely chopped
- 1 14 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coursley chopped
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 a large juicy lemon)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb. (2 pkgs.) cream cheese, cut into 1" chunks
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped 1/4"
- 10 oz. fresh dungeness crab meat, picked through to remove any shell
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- 4 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- one crusty baguette, cut on bias in 1/2" slices
- Heat olive oil in large saute pan and add the shallots.
- Cook until just sweated.
- Add the artichokes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon juice and wine and bring to a boil.
- Add the sour cream and stir to incorporate.
- Add the cream cheese chunks and reduce heat and let the cream cheese melt slowly as you stir to incorporate.
- Add the lemon zest, basil and tomato and stir them in and remove from heat.
- Add the crab and fold to incorporate.
- Puor into a 2 qt. casserole and bake at 350° until hot all the way through (about 30 minutes).
- Serve with the sliced baguette...toasted or not...either way it is delicious!
NotesWe had some guests over for dinner the other night and my wife wanted a good crab and artichoke dip...we never had a good one in a restaurant...so this is what I came up with.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More