- Cooking Time: 2 1/2 hours
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 14 oz. pressed (dry) Cottage Cheese (Astro or Crescent preferred)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract or lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 4 cups whole strawberries
- 1/3 cup strawberry or red currant jelly
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and cottage cheese.
- Using electric mixer, beat at low speed for 5 minutes or until smooth
- and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
- Add sugar, sour cream and flour.
- Continue to beat for 3 minutes at low speed.
- Add Vanilla and lemon and beat 1 minute more.
- Generously butter an 8 1/2-inch Springform Pan.
- Coat bottom and sides with breadcrumbs; shake out excess.
- Pour in cheese mixture. Place in oven pre-heated to 275 degree F.
- After 1 1/2 hours of baking, cake will start to rise almost to top of pan.
- Remove cake from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- If there is a ridge around edge of cake, using your fingertips, gently press down to even the top.
- Return the cake to the oven and bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours more or until the cake is set in the center.
- Touch center gently with the tips of fingers, it should feel dry to the touch.
- WARNING: Do not overbake.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and place on rack to cool.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 day before serving.
- Wash berries well and let dry on clean dry towel.
- Remove stem ends. Arrange an even layer of whole berries on top of cake.
- Place jelly in glass bowl with 1 teaspoon of water.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute or until melted and boiling.
- Brush berries with Jelly mixture.
- Take cake out of fridge 30 minutes before serving.
- Dip a large knife into hot water each time you cut a slice of cake.
NotesThis recipe came from Dunn's, a restaurant in Montreal and was originally posted in the Montreal Gazette some years ago.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
My Mom's Stuffing (My preacher recipe)
Hot Italian 'Krash' StackSee More