- Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3 TB butter, melted - divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 TB sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk, room temperature
- 2 lg eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Lemon wedges and powdered sugar to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375' F
- Get out your 10" cast iron skillet and pour 2 TB of the melted butter into it and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Wait until the 10 minutes are up before proceeding with the remaining ingredients.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the remaining 1 TB of melted butter, flour, sugar, salt, milk, eggs and vanilla. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour the batter carefully into the hot, buttered skillet and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cut it into quarters. Drizzle lemon juice all over it....top with fruit if you'd like and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
NotesThere's a Fanpage in Facebook dedicated just to cast iron skillets and those of us who love them. And it was on that page that I saw someone post a picture of a lovely Dutch Baby aka German Pancake. When I saw the post, I didn't realize what I was looking at (my most favoritest ever pancake) but it did catch my curiosity with its plumpness and fluffy looking nature