- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Quarter cup of vegetable oil..........I use olive oil
- 1/2 T. butter
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 2 potatoes cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 1 cup carrots
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 oz. Canadian bacon, diced
- 5 oz. Gouda cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 slices sourdough baquettes
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil on medium high heat in a 1.5 qt. saucepan.
- Add onions and saute until softened.
- Add cauliflower, carrots, and potatoes; saute for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- In a small skillet, heat the butter.
- Add Canadian Bacon and saute' until lightly browned.
- Add bacon to soup, reduce heat to low and cover, simmering until vegetables are tender (about 15 minutes)
- **At this point I pureed the soup** the recipe did not call for it.
- Pour soup into 4 individual flameproof crocks or bowls. Top each portion with 2 bread slices and 1/4 of the cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
NotesI got this as an email from Viking River Cruises.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More