- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Quarter cup of vegetable oil..........I use olive oil
- 1/2 T. butter
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 2 potatoes cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 1 cup carrots
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 oz. Canadian bacon, diced
- 5 oz. Gouda cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 slices sourdough baquettes
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil on medium high heat in a 1.5 qt. saucepan.
- Add onions and saute until softened.
- Add cauliflower, carrots, and potatoes; saute for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- In a small skillet, heat the butter.
- Add Canadian Bacon and saute' until lightly browned.
- Add bacon to soup, reduce heat to low and cover, simmering until vegetables are tender (about 15 minutes)
- **At this point I pureed the soup** the recipe did not call for it.
- Pour soup into 4 individual flameproof crocks or bowls. Top each portion with 2 bread slices and 1/4 of the cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
NotesI got this as an email from Viking River Cruises.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More