- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 small onion
- 8 oz Milk
- 16 oz Grated Gouda
- 2 tsp Caraway seeds
- 3 tsp Corn Flour
- 3 TB Gin
- A couple of grinds of Black Pepper
- Rub the inside of your fondue pot with the onion.
- Add milk and heat just until it bubbles, then stir in the Gouda and continue to heat until, stirring frequently, until the cheese melts.
- Stir in Caraway seeds.
- In a small bowl, blend corn flour and gin until smooth.
- Add to the cheese mixture and cook for an additional 2 -3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Remove from heat and place on your fondue stand.
- Serve with cubes of light rye and button mushrooms.
NotesMore delicious fondue offerings, I prefer this to the typical Swiss Fondue made with Gruyere and Emmental.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More