- Cooking Time: 30-45 min
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 1. 6 tablespoons butter
- 2. 12 eggs
- 3. 2 cups half & half
- 4. 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5. 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6. 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7. 1 loaf cinnamon bread or cinnamon raisin bread
- 8. Confectioners' sugar, maple syrup
- 1. Evenly lay butter slices in bottom of Dutch oven.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, half & half, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- 3.Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture and arrange the dipped slices in layers in the oven.
- 4. Pour any remaining egg mixture over the bread in the oven.
- 5. Bake for 40-50 min using 21 coals on the lid and 11 briquettes udner the oven, until the bread begins to turn golden brown. Refresh coals as required.
- 6. Remove from coals; sprinkle with optional confectioners sugar or syrup., the serve.
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Summertime SippersSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More