Dutch Oven Cinnamon French Toast
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1. 6 tablespoons butter
2. 12 eggs
3. 2 cups half & half
4. 2 tablespoons brown sugar
5. 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6. 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
7. 1 loaf cinnamon bread or cinnamon raisin bread
8. Confectioners' sugar, maple syrup
1. Evenly lay butter slices in bottom of Dutch oven.
2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, half & half, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Mix well.
3.Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture and arrange the dipped slices in layers in the oven.
4. Pour any remaining egg mixture over the bread in the oven.
5. Bake for 40-50 min using 21 coals on the lid and 11 briquettes udner the oven, until the bread begins to turn golden brown. Refresh coals as required.
6. Remove from coals; sprinkle with optional confectioners sugar or syrup., the serve.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: French Toast