- Cooking Time: 30-45 min
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 1. 6 tablespoons butter
- 2. 12 eggs
- 3. 2 cups half & half
- 4. 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5. 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6. 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7. 1 loaf cinnamon bread or cinnamon raisin bread
- 8. Confectioners' sugar, maple syrup
- 1. Evenly lay butter slices in bottom of Dutch oven.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, half & half, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- 3.Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture and arrange the dipped slices in layers in the oven.
- 4. Pour any remaining egg mixture over the bread in the oven.
- 5. Bake for 40-50 min using 21 coals on the lid and 11 briquettes udner the oven, until the bread begins to turn golden brown. Refresh coals as required.
- 6. Remove from coals; sprinkle with optional confectioners sugar or syrup., the serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More