- Cooking Time: 30-45 min
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 1. 6 tablespoons butter
- 2. 12 eggs
- 3. 2 cups half & half
- 4. 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5. 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6. 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7. 1 loaf cinnamon bread or cinnamon raisin bread
- 8. Confectioners' sugar, maple syrup
- 1. Evenly lay butter slices in bottom of Dutch oven.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, half & half, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- 3.Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture and arrange the dipped slices in layers in the oven.
- 4. Pour any remaining egg mixture over the bread in the oven.
- 5. Bake for 40-50 min using 21 coals on the lid and 11 briquettes udner the oven, until the bread begins to turn golden brown. Refresh coals as required.
- 6. Remove from coals; sprinkle with optional confectioners sugar or syrup., the serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More