- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 eggs
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1 T sugar
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 C milk
- In large bowl, beat eggs with with wire wisk. Add flour and continue to beat until mixture is smooth.
- Beat in sugar, oil and milk.
- Batter should be the consistancy of buttermilk. Add additional flour or milk if needed.
- Let batter stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat a small, heavy skillet over medium heat. Melt a small amount of butter in skillet.
- Add 1/4 C pancake batter to pan and tilt to coat the bottom.
- Fry pancake until top is nearly dry, then flip to other side.
- The pancake may curl slightly at this point and that is normal, but if it curls too much, add a bit of milk to batter.
- Continue to fry pancake until it is brown on both sides, then stack on plate.
- Serve rolled and topped with real maple syrup, jam, or sugar.
- Makes 16-18 pancakes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Servings: 6
NotesMy family moved here from Holland just before I was born. These pancakes, a little thicker and eggier than a crepe, are eaten in our family for breakfast or for dinner. They are great with maple syrup and fried apples. Leftovers are good eaten cold and rolled up with sugar or jam.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Black and White Cupcakes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
Barbecued BeefSee More