E-Z RED POUND CAKE
E-Z Red Pound Cake
- Cooking Time: 60min
- Servings: 10-15
- Preparation Time: 15-20min
- 1/2c Sugar
- 3/4c soft Butter
- 1-1/2c Sour Cream, room temp
- 4 Eggs, room temp, beaten
- 3/4c Water or fresh Coffee or Cocoa (cooled to room temp)
- 1box Red Velvet cake mix
- 1pkg Instant Chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2c dehydrated Strawberries, Cherries, Blueberries, or Craisins (softened in warm water 10-15min til plumped), or Chocolate/White Chocolate Chips, etc, or a mix of some/all
- Confectioner's Sugar for garnish
Preheat oven to 325.
Spray 10" bundt or large loaf pan w/non-stick cooking spray (or grease & flour the old-fashioned way; since they've invented this spray stuff- that's all I ever use- no more flour-y crust on MY cakes!)
In stand mixer or in med bowl with hand mixer on LOW speed, cream butter, sour cream and sugar til creamy and smooth.
Add eggs and mix til blended and smooth.
Add water/coffee, and cake & pudding mixes; blend til smooth.
Blend in softened fruit and/or chips.
Pour into prepared pan(s) and bake for 50-60min, til toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; surface may crack in large loaf pans.
Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan on wire rack til cool to touch pan, then invert on rack to cool completely.
Dust with sugar while still slightly warm but not hot, and it will stick a little better.
Slice into individual servings; you can wrap COOLED slices in heavy-duty plastic or baggies and store in frig for quite some time.