E-Z SOUTHWESTERN CHILI
E-Z Southwestern Chili
- Cooking Time: 3hrs
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 5min
- 1lb ground Chuck or Sirloin
- Olive Oil
- 1 lg Onion, chopped
- 1 Habanero pepper, minced (wear gloves and don't scratch your nose)
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cans diced Tomatoes w/Jalepenos
- 1 can Corn
- 1 can each: Black Beans, Kidney Beans, Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 2tblsp Chili Powder
- 1tblsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1tsp Cumin
- 1tsp Sugar
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Shredded Cheddar & Sour Cream for garnish
* Heat oil in Dutch oven and brown meat, onion, Habanero and garlic over med-high heat.
* Add remaining ingredients to browned meat, salt & pepper to taste and bring to a simmer.
* Lower heat to very low, cover with lid slightly ajar and cook 3+hrs, stirring occasionally.
* Chili thickens as it cooks; you can "Heat-n-Eat", but I think it's best to simmer for at least a couple of hours- it adds richness and HEAT.
* Serve topped with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
** My hubby likes to put Pretzel & Cheese Combos snacks in his instead of oyster crackers- TRY IT!