E-Z Southwestern Chili
1lb ground Chuck or Sirloin
1 lg Onion, chopped
1 Habanero pepper, minced (wear gloves and don't scratch your nose)
3-4 cloves Garlic, minced
2 cans diced Tomatoes w/Jalepenos
1 can Corn
1 can each: Black Beans, Kidney Beans, Dark Red Kidney Beans
2tblsp Chili Powder
1tblsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Salt & Black Pepper
Shredded Cheddar & Sour Cream for garnish
* Heat oil in Dutch oven and brown meat, onion, Habanero and garlic over med-high heat.
* Add remaining ingredients to browned meat, salt & pepper to taste and bring to a simmer.
* Lower heat to very low, cover with lid slightly ajar and cook 3+hrs, stirring occasionally.
* Chili thickens as it cooks; you can "Heat-n-Eat", but I think it's best to simmer for at least a couple of hours- it adds richness and HEAT.
* Serve topped with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
** My hubby likes to put Pretzel & Cheese Combos snacks in his instead of oyster crackers- TRY IT!
Pairs Well With
NOT my shredded beef recipe, but similar..... just the shortcut version! Good stuff- and with SERIOUS kick! The longer you cook it, the hotter it's gonna get. Store it overnight and bust it out the next day for even more HOTTT!