- Cooking Time: 3hrs
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 5min
- 1lb ground Chuck or Sirloin
- Olive Oil
- 1 lg Onion, chopped
- 1 Habanero pepper, minced (wear gloves and don't scratch your nose)
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cans diced Tomatoes w/Jalepenos
- 1 can Corn
- 1 can each: Black Beans, Kidney Beans, Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 2tblsp Chili Powder
- 1tblsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1tsp Cumin
- 1tsp Sugar
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Shredded Cheddar & Sour Cream for garnish
- * Heat oil in Dutch oven and brown meat, onion, Habanero and garlic over med-high heat.
- * Add remaining ingredients to browned meat, salt & pepper to taste and bring to a simmer.
- * Lower heat to very low, cover with lid slightly ajar and cook 3+hrs, stirring occasionally.
- * Chili thickens as it cooks; you can "Heat-n-Eat", but I think it's best to simmer for at least a couple of hours- it adds richness and HEAT.
- * Serve topped with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
- ** My hubby likes to put Pretzel & Cheese Combos snacks in his instead of oyster crackers- TRY IT!
NotesNOT my shredded beef recipe, but similar..... just the shortcut version! Good stuff- and with SERIOUS kick! The longer you cook it, the hotter it's gonna get. Store it overnight and bust it out the next day for even more HOTTT!
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Olive's Deep Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: Pushing Daisies
Sesame Snow PeasSee More