E-Z Southwestern Chili
Why I Love This Recipe
NOT my shredded beef recipe, but similar..... just the shortcut version! Good stuff- and with SERIOUS kick! The longer you cook it, the hotter it's gonna get. Store it overnight and bust it out the next day for even more HOTTT!
Ingredients You'll Need
1lb ground Chuck or Sirloin
1 lg Onion, chopped
1 Habanero pepper, minced (wear gloves and don't scratch your nose)
3-4 cloves Garlic, minced
2 cans diced Tomatoes w/Jalepenos
1 can Corn
1 can each: Black Beans, Kidney Beans, Dark Red Kidney Beans
2tblsp Chili Powder
1tblsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Salt & Black Pepper
Shredded Cheddar & Sour Cream for garnish
* Heat oil in Dutch oven and brown meat, onion, Habanero and garlic over med-high heat.
* Add remaining ingredients to browned meat, salt & pepper to taste and bring to a simmer.
* Lower heat to very low, cover with lid slightly ajar and cook 3+hrs, stirring occasionally.
* Chili thickens as it cooks; you can "Heat-n-Eat", but I think it's best to simmer for at least a couple of hours- it adds richness and HEAT.
* Serve topped with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
** My hubby likes to put Pretzel & Cheese Combos snacks in his instead of oyster crackers- TRY IT!
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Chili