- Cooking Time: 3hrs
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 5min
- 1lb ground Chuck or Sirloin
- Olive Oil
- 1 lg Onion, chopped
- 1 Habanero pepper, minced (wear gloves and don't scratch your nose)
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cans diced Tomatoes w/Jalepenos
- 1 can Corn
- 1 can each: Black Beans, Kidney Beans, Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 2tblsp Chili Powder
- 1tblsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1tsp Cumin
- 1tsp Sugar
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Shredded Cheddar & Sour Cream for garnish
- * Heat oil in Dutch oven and brown meat, onion, Habanero and garlic over med-high heat.
- * Add remaining ingredients to browned meat, salt & pepper to taste and bring to a simmer.
- * Lower heat to very low, cover with lid slightly ajar and cook 3+hrs, stirring occasionally.
- * Chili thickens as it cooks; you can "Heat-n-Eat", but I think it's best to simmer for at least a couple of hours- it adds richness and HEAT.
- * Serve topped with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
- ** My hubby likes to put Pretzel & Cheese Combos snacks in his instead of oyster crackers- TRY IT!
NotesNOT my shredded beef recipe, but similar..... just the shortcut version! Good stuff- and with SERIOUS kick! The longer you cook it, the hotter it's gonna get. Store it overnight and bust it out the next day for even more HOTTT!