- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- For 4 cups dense vegetables choose one:
- parsnips: 1 lb. or 5 large
- beets: 1 1/4 lb. or 4 large
- sweet potatoes: 1 1/4 lb. or 2
- squash: 1 1/4 lb. or 1 small
- carrots: 1 lb. or 8
- Season with about 2 tsp. curry paste, ground ginger or cumin
- For 4 cups tender vegetables choose one:
- peas: 1 lb.
- broccoli: 1 lb. or 1 small bunch
- cauliflower: 1 lb. or 1 small head
- Season with about 1 tsp. dried Italian herb seasoning, crumbled dried basil, crumbled dried mint or herbes de Provence.
- 1. In a saucepan heat 2 tsp. vegetable oil over medium heat. Add 2 onions, chopped, 2 cloves garlic, minced, 1 potato peeled and cubed and your choice of the seasonings above. Cook stirring often for about 5 minutes or until onions are softened.
- 2. Add 4 cups chopped vegetable of your choice, 4 cups chicken, vegetable or beef stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low; cover and simmer for 10 minutes for tender vegetables and 20 minutes for dense vegetables.
- 3. Puree soup until smooth. If desired thin with more water, stock or milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Makes six 1 cup servings.
NotesThis soup can be made as a vegetarian soup. It is a soup for whatever you find in your fridge in the vegetable crisper as you mix and match.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Cooking for a Cure
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More