- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI simplified this recipe from Simple and Delicious, omitting tomato sauce and using all spaghetti sauce. Also, I use whatever cheese I have on hand. When the whole family is here, I use a 13 by 9-inch pan instead of two 9-inch pans.
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel hair pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (48 ounces) spaghetti sauce, your favorite variety
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheese - Mozzarella, Colby-Jack, Cheddar, or your favorite variety
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Drain pasta. Combine soup and sour cream. In two 8-in. square baking dishes, layer half of the meat sauce, pasta, soup mixture and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- TO USE FROZEN CASSEROLE: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
- VARIATION: Use a 9 by 13-inch pan make the whole recipe.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Smooth Sweet Tea
Bacon Pecan Crumble Chocolate CakeSee More