EASY Grilled Bone Marrow
"EASY Grilled Bone Marrow"Serves 4 | Prep Time 10 | Cook Time 30
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
• 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
• 1/8 Cup Sugar
• 5 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinaigrette
• Twenty 2-inch center-cut beef or veal marrow bones
• Apple Naturals Bacon (2 Strips)
• Sea Salt
• Freshly Ground Pepper
• 5 thick slice Sourdough Bread (LA Levain)
• 1 small lemon, halve
• 1 tablespoon of butter
• Red Onion
Grilled Bone Marrow:
1. Mix the marrow bones with 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Season the bones with sea salt and ground pepper, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
2. Start the grill. When the grill temperature reach 400 degrees, add the seasoned marrow bones and arrange them on the grill with the center cut facing up.
3. Cover and grill for about 20 minutes, until the marrow has a light brown coating and starting to sizzle.
4. Carefully remove the bones from the grill and arrange them on a platter.
5. Lightly drizzle the fresh lemon juice to accent the bone marrow’s flavor.
Bacon Caramelized Onion:
1. Sauté the diced red onion with the remaining olive oil until brown.
2. Add the balsamic vinaigrette and sugar until caramelized.
3. Add tablespoon of butter until melted.
4. Put the caramelized onion on the top of the center cut bone marrow.
4. Sprinkle the cooked chopped bacon and the cut chives.
1. Brush the bread slices on both sides with olive oil and grill.
2. Turn once, until toasted, about a minute on each side.
3. Rub the grilled bread with the cut halves of the lemon.
4. Arrange the bread around the marrow bones and serve.