- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipie is all over The Nest, but I finally had a chance to try them. SO YUMMY! And super easy, too.
How to How to Easily Dip Truffles:
Place truffle ball in melted chocolate to coat; roll if necessary. Lift truffle from chocolate using 2 forks (this will allow excess chocolate to run off) before placing on wax paper.
You can also substitute other cookies for the Oreos...I had some with Nutter Butters also and they were delicious as well!
- 1 pkg. (1 lb., 2 oz.) OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
- Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.)
- Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl.
- Add cream cheese; mix until well blended.
- Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
- Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.