- Cooking Time: 55-60
- Servings: 6-7
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell (I use graham crust)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Serve with ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven 325 degrees F.
- Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high until foamy.
- Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter.
- Stir in morsels and nuts and spoon into pie shell.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm.
NotesPeople go crazy for this pie it is wonderful!!!!!! It is a little tricky a few times the center has been a little mushy, you have to make sure your eggs are foamy enough, and your butter isnt too soft I do not recommend microwaving it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More