- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 6
- 1/2 cup white flour
- pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 5 ounces milk
- 5 ounces water
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon melted butter*
- lemon curd
- A. Sift the flour and salt together, make a well in teh center and break in the egg. Add a litle mik and gently stir. Add the rest of the milk slowly and stir until smooth. Stir in the water and oil, and beat for 1 minute. Cover and let the batter stand for 1 hour. Stir.
- B. Melt the butter in a crepe or omelette pan and when it bubbles, pour in
- about 2 tablespoons of the butter*. Cook pancakes (1 at a time) 30-40 seconds, raise one edge with your palette knife and if smooth and golden brown loosen entire pancake. Grasp edge near your fingers, pull it up sharply and flip it over. The second size takes only 15 seconds to cook. It will be speckly, not elegantly smooth.
- C. Slide each pancake out on to a piece of grease proof paper on a heated plate. Spread with lemon curd. Stack the pancakes. When all are cooked, roll and serve.
NotesThese crepes are traditional for Pancake Day. They're slightly heavier than the classic and very thin French Crepes- and they're genearlly always served with lemon and sugar, but are just fine with just lemon curd!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Best of Eva's Family RecipesSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More