EVL'S PEPPERMINT CHEESECAKE
EVl's Peppermint Cheesecake
- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8 -12
- Preparation Time: 60
- THE CRUST:
- 1 ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1/3 cup salted butter
- THE FILLING:
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ Cup sugar
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 2 TBSP melted salted butter
- 1 ½ cups of sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Andes Peppermint Baking Pieces chopped
- (If unavailable you can use crushed starlight mints or peppermint candy canes)
- Garnish: frozen whipped topping, thawed; crushed peppermint candies
Preheat oven at 325degrees.
Blend crumbs, 1 TBS sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter in bottom of ungreased 8" round springform pan; press evenly over bottom. (To make removal easier, place parchment paper over the bottom of the springform pan before assembling it.) Bake for 10 minutes.
Cream sugar, cream cheese, and peppermint extract together. Then add flour and sour cream and cooled melted butter. Slowly blend in eggs one at a time (DO NOT OVER BEAT). Fold in the peppermint baking pieces pour into prepared crust.
Place on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, or until sides are set and the center jiggles.
Place on cooling rack for I hour, after 10 minutes carefully run a knife along the edge. Then place in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight, and then remove the springform pan. Garnish with whipped cream and crushed peppermint candies.
DO NOT GARNISH UNTIL RIGHT BEFORE YOU SERVE.