- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8 -12
- Preparation Time: 60
- THE CRUST:
- 1 ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1/3 cup salted butter
- THE FILLING:
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ Cup sugar
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 2 TBSP melted salted butter
- 1 ½ cups of sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Andes Peppermint Baking Pieces chopped
- (If unavailable you can use crushed starlight mints or peppermint candy canes)
- Garnish: frozen whipped topping, thawed; crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven at 325degrees.
- Blend crumbs, 1 TBS sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter in bottom of ungreased 8" round springform pan; press evenly over bottom. (To make removal easier, place parchment paper over the bottom of the springform pan before assembling it.) Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cream sugar, cream cheese, and peppermint extract together. Then add flour and sour cream and cooled melted butter. Slowly blend in eggs one at a time (DO NOT OVER BEAT). Fold in the peppermint baking pieces pour into prepared crust.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, or until sides are set and the center jiggles.
- Place on cooling rack for I hour, after 10 minutes carefully run a knife along the edge. Then place in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight, and then remove the springform pan. Garnish with whipped cream and crushed peppermint candies.
- DO NOT GARNISH UNTIL RIGHT BEFORE YOU SERVE.
NotesI was looking for a recipe for a Peppermint cheesecake for the holiday season and could not find one that I liked. So I took a simple, basic cheesecake recipe and turned it into one of my special desserts that people always ask for more. Everytime I make this cheesecake, there is never any left.
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Yummy Butternut Squash Soup
Meatball Stufeed Tomato
Zesty Party MixSee More