- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 9 inch unbaked pastry shell
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3 eggs
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Toast 1/2 cup coconut and set aside
- bake pastry shell 8 minutes. Cool slightly
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add milk, water, vanilla, salt, nutmeg, and mix well.
- Stir in remainig 1/2 cup of coconut.
- Pour into pastry shell and sprinkle toasted coconut on top.
- Bake 10 minutes at 425.
- Reduce temp to 350 and bake 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool. Chill if desired.
NotesThis is the Eagle condensed milk brand's recipe for coconut custard pie.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More