Earl Grey Brownies With Lavender Honey Ganache
Why I Love This Recipe
I love floral infusions, and Earl Grey tea with lavender is one of my favorite combinations. I thought I'd try it out in this brownie recipe.
Ingredients You'll Need
6 oz. bittersweet chocolate
6 oz. unsalted butter (1.5 sticks, cut into quarters)
6 oz. eggs (4 large)
13.5 oz. granulated sugar (1.75 cups)
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
3 Tbsp. looseleaf Earl Grey tea, ground in a coffee grinder
5 oz. cake flour (1.25 cups)
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray or butter pan.
2. Melt the chocolate with the butter over a double boiler.
3. While the chocolate is melting, whip the eggs and sugar in a large mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment for 10 minutes.
4. Combine Earl Grey powder, flour, baking powder and salt. Sift.
5. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla to the eggs. Stir by hand to blend completely. Fold in the flour, mixing until just combined.
6. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
7. Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes, or until an inserted tester comes out with just a few crumbs attached.
8. Allow to cool, then add ganache and garnish with crystallized lavender (recipes below).