- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 6 oz. unsalted butter (1.5 sticks, cut into quarters)
- 6 oz. eggs (4 large)
- 13.5 oz. granulated sugar (1.75 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. looseleaf Earl Grey tea, ground in a coffee grinder
- 5 oz. cake flour (1.25 cups)
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray or butter pan.
- 2. Melt the chocolate with the butter over a double boiler.
- 3. While the chocolate is melting, whip the eggs and sugar in a large mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment for 10 minutes.
- 4. Combine Earl Grey powder, flour, baking powder and salt. Sift.
- 5. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla to the eggs. Stir by hand to blend completely. Fold in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- 6. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- 7. Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes, or until an inserted tester comes out with just a few crumbs attached.
- 8. Allow to cool, then add ganache and garnish with crystallized lavender (recipes below).
NotesI love floral infusions, and Earl Grey tea with lavender is one of my favorite combinations. I thought I'd try it out in this brownie recipe.