- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 ounces Earl Grey Gin Infusion
- (soak 1/4 cup Earl Grey Tea in 1 liter of gin for 2 hrs; strain or remove tea bags)
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- 1 lemon twist, for garnish
- Lemon Zest Sugar, for garnish (see recipe)
- Fill a cocktail shaker two-thirds full of ice and add the gin infusion, lemon juice, simple syrup and egg white.
- Shake for approximately 15 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass rimmed with the Lemon Zest Sugar.
- Add the twist.
NotesAdapted from a recipe by Audrey Saunders, co-owner of Pegu Club in New York City.
As a Christmas gift, my cousin enrolled us in a two day Mixology class where we learned about the basics of mixing a great cocktail and some recipes for a few unusual drinks. Not being a fan of gin, I didn't think I was going to like this drink... but oh my! I love it! And everyone I have made if for loves it too! You must try!