- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups plain cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2/3 cup corn oil
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- Pour corn oil in large iron skillet and place in a 350 degree oven to heat.
- Meanwhile, combine all remaining ingredients except Cheddar cheese.
- When skillet and oil are hot, pour oil into batter and stir quickly to blend.
- Immediately pour half of batter back into hot skillet.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over batter.
- Carefully pour remaining batter over cheese and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
NotesThis has been a favorite with our family for many years. Not even sure now where the recipe came from.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More