- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups plain cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2/3 cup corn oil
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- Pour corn oil in large iron skillet and place in a 350 degree oven to heat.
- Meanwhile, combine all remaining ingredients except Cheddar cheese.
- When skillet and oil are hot, pour oil into batter and stir quickly to blend.
- Immediately pour half of batter back into hot skillet.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over batter.
- Carefully pour remaining batter over cheese and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
NotesThis has been a favorite with our family for many years. Not even sure now where the recipe came from.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More