- Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
- Servings: 1 cup
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- Place frozen berries in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until the berries release their juices.
- Add in 1 cup sugar and stir.
- Keep stirring the ENTIRE time.
- Let mixture simmer for 25-30 minutes, til thickened.
- Let cool slightly, then jar and keep refrigerated.
NotesI love making jam but sometimes it gets time consuming. This summer, we picked blueberries and in a rush, I just froze them as is. One night, I was watching a "Throw Down" on the Foodnetwork and watched this women making blackberry jam, but there wasn't a recipe. I figured I could swap out berries and do the same with the blueberries I had in the freezer. The women said frozen is better to use because she thought the taste was more consistent. I was in luck.
I figure there are others here who would love to make their our jams, one jar at a time, with less mess and hassel.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More