- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist yellow cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 container Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy chocolate fudge frosting
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Green food color
- Candy Easter eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Make and cool cake as directed on box for two 8-inch or 9-inch round pans.
- Place 1 cake layer, rounded side down, on serving plate. Spread with about 1/3 cup frosting. Top with second layer, rounded side up. Frost side of cake and spread a thin layer of frosting on top of cake. Make a basket weave pattern in frosting on side of cake by drawing inch-long horizontal and vertical lines with tines of fork.
- Shake coconut and 3 or 4 drops food color in tightly covered jar until evenly tinted; sprinkle on top of cake. Place candy eggs on coconut. Store loosely covered.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude directions on cake mix box.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
My Family Cookbook
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More