- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (16 oz.) creamy vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
- 3-3/4 cups MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes, (tinted) *
- Assorted HERSHEY'S Easter Candies (JOLLY RANCHER Jelly Beans, CADBURY'S Mini Eggs Candy, HERSHEY'S Candy-Coated Milk Chocolate Eggs, HERSHEY'S Mini Robin Eggs, HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates)
- 33 TWIZZLERS Strawberry Twists
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- To make Easter baskets, frost each cupcake with vanilla frosting. Immediately make "nest" on top of each cupcake with tinted coconut; place assorted candy in nests.
- For handle, insert wooden pick in each end of strawberry twists; press down into each side of each cupcake, bending to form handle. About 33 cupcakes.
- *NOTE: To tint coconut, combine several drops green food color with 3/4 teaspoon water; add to 1-1/2 cups coconut. Stir until evenly tinted. Repeat using blue, pink or yellow food color
NotesCute little cupckaes! Great for parties & get-togethers
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More