- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (16 oz.) creamy vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
- 3-3/4 cups MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes, (tinted) *
- Assorted HERSHEY'S Easter Candies (JOLLY RANCHER Jelly Beans, CADBURY'S Mini Eggs Candy, HERSHEY'S Candy-Coated Milk Chocolate Eggs, HERSHEY'S Mini Robin Eggs, HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates)
- 33 TWIZZLERS Strawberry Twists
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- To make Easter baskets, frost each cupcake with vanilla frosting. Immediately make "nest" on top of each cupcake with tinted coconut; place assorted candy in nests.
- For handle, insert wooden pick in each end of strawberry twists; press down into each side of each cupcake, bending to form handle. About 33 cupcakes.
- *NOTE: To tint coconut, combine several drops green food color with 3/4 teaspoon water; add to 1-1/2 cups coconut. Stir until evenly tinted. Repeat using blue, pink or yellow food color
NotesCute little cupckaes! Great for parties & get-togethers
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
CAPT'N CRUNCH Chili Chicken
Salted, Spiced Caramel SauceSee More