- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 1 box of yellow or white cake mix
- * Water, vegetable oil and eggs (as called for in the cake mix instructions)
- * Pink food coloring
- * 2 containers vanilla frosting
- * 5 large marshmallows
- * Pink sugar
- * Candy decorations and sprinkles of your choice
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Follow the instructions on the cake mix box for making 2 dozen cupcakes. Bake 24 cupcakes and allow them to cool. Next, add a few drops of pink food coloring into one of the containers of vanilla frosting and combine until the food coloring is thoroughly mixed into the frosting creating a nice pink color. Frost the cupcakes with the pink frosting then scoop 1 large teaspoonful of white frosting onto the center of each cupcake.
- Now it’s time to make the bunny’s ears. Cut each marshmallow crosswise into 5 pieces with kitchen scissors, and then cut through center of each marshmallow until you are 1/4 inch close to the edge. Separate the pieces to look like bunny ears. Next, put the pink sugar in a shallow dish. Press one side of each of the cut edges into the pink sugar. Then, place the ears on the white frosting scoops. Use candy decorations to create the bunny faces. For example, use edible confetti for the eyes and nose and for the whiskers use black licorice or chocolate sprinkles. Makes 24 Easter bunny cupcakes.
NotesYour dessert will be the hit of the next Easter celebration with these charming and creative bunny cupcakes. Impress your guests with these deliciously sweet cupcakes. Using a boxed cake mix saves time and allows busy moms to focus on adding creative touches to the Easter bunny.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More