- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, room temp
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 pkg sweetened, flaked coconut (7 oz)
- red and yellow liquid food coloring
- about 120 pastel almonds
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl until blended.
- Beat butter and cream cheese in a large bowl with mixer. Add sugar and almond extract. Beat 2 minutes or until fluffy. With mixer on low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture and 1 loosely cup coconut until well blended. Cover and refrigerate 45 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- Meanwhile put 1/2 cup coconut into each of 2 glass jars and remaining 1/2 cup into a medium sized bowl. Add 1 drop of red food coloring to 1 jar, and 1 drop of yellow to the other. Close jars and shake vigorously until coconut is evenly tinted. Add to untinted coconut and toss to mix.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Have cookie sheet ready. Divide chilled dough in half and put half back into the fridge. Roll slightly rounded mounds and bake until golden brown. Add an almond to the middle to resemble an egg.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms
Spicy Chicken Ranch Hot Dip
Big Matt's babyback ribsSee More