- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8(6-inch) flour tortillas, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 4 bacon slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush 6 tortillas with melted butter; let stand until pliable, about 5 minutes. Gently ease buttered tortillas into 6 small custard cups.
- For handles, cut each of 2 remaining tortillas into 3 (1-inch) strips, to make 6 strips total. Brush strips with remaining butter. Invert 6-cup muffin pan. Place tortilla strips around bottom of each muffin cup. Bake tortilla baskets and handles 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove baskets and handles to wire rack; cool.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in medium skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon from skillet; set aside. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat from skillet. Add bell peppers and onion to skillet; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, hot pepper sauce and black pepper. Add to vegetable mixture in skillet; cook and stir until eggs are set. Stir in bacon. Divide egg mixture evenly among 6 prepared baskets. Place handle in each basket. Serve warm
NotesMake Easter morning's breakfast extra special with these dainty tortilla baskets filled with savory scrambled eggs.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More