- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8(6-inch) flour tortillas, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 4 bacon slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush 6 tortillas with melted butter; let stand until pliable, about 5 minutes. Gently ease buttered tortillas into 6 small custard cups.
- For handles, cut each of 2 remaining tortillas into 3 (1-inch) strips, to make 6 strips total. Brush strips with remaining butter. Invert 6-cup muffin pan. Place tortilla strips around bottom of each muffin cup. Bake tortilla baskets and handles 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove baskets and handles to wire rack; cool.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in medium skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon from skillet; set aside. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat from skillet. Add bell peppers and onion to skillet; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, hot pepper sauce and black pepper. Add to vegetable mixture in skillet; cook and stir until eggs are set. Stir in bacon. Divide egg mixture evenly among 6 prepared baskets. Place handle in each basket. Serve warm
NotesMake Easter morning's breakfast extra special with these dainty tortilla baskets filled with savory scrambled eggs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More