- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 large eggs
- 3 T. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 T. sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed
- 2 T. fresh basil, minced
- Cover eggs in cold water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes on low.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Drain eggs and shell immediately.
- Halve eggs & remove yolks.
- Mash yolks.
- Blend yolks w/mayo, salt & pepper.
- Fill eggs with the mixture.
- Drain and finely chop tomatoes.
- Garnish eggs w/tomatoes & basil.
- Serve at room temp/slightly chilled.
- Makes: 12 egg halves
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
NotesThis is adapted from Rick Marzullo O'Connell's wonderful "365 Easy Italian Recipes". It's a yummy way to use up some of those Easter eggs the kids will soon be coloring. Leave out the pepper and they might actually eat one.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More