- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 large eggs
- 3 T. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 T. sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed
- 2 T. fresh basil, minced
- Cover eggs in cold water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes on low.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Drain eggs and shell immediately.
- Halve eggs & remove yolks.
- Mash yolks.
- Blend yolks w/mayo, salt & pepper.
- Fill eggs with the mixture.
- Drain and finely chop tomatoes.
- Garnish eggs w/tomatoes & basil.
- Serve at room temp/slightly chilled.
- Makes: 12 egg halves
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
NotesThis is adapted from Rick Marzullo O'Connell's wonderful "365 Easy Italian Recipes". It's a yummy way to use up some of those Easter eggs the kids will soon be coloring. Leave out the pepper and they might actually eat one.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More