- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 2 9" pies
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups flour
- 1/4 lb. River Brand White Rice
- 1 pint milk
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 of a large container of Ricotta Cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- In a bowl of a food processor add 3 1/2 cups of flour, salt, sugar, shortening and egg.
- Blend until dough pulls away from sides of the bowl.
- Add a the remaining 1/2 cup of flour if dough seems to moist.
- Turn dough out onto a board with a little flour added.
- Knead and shape into a bowl.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Roll out one piece of the dough between 2 pieces of wax paper.
- Repeat with second have and line the bottom of 2 pie plates with dough.
- Beat eggs and add ricotta cheese and beat well. Set aside
- Cook rice part way and drain.
- Add milk and 1 cup of sugar.to rice and finish cooking slowly.
- Take off stove. Cool
- Then add ricotta and remaing sugar.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix well and pour into unbaked pie crusts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. in middle of oven rack.
- Lower oven temp. to 325 degrees and cook for 45 minutes longer.
- The top should be golden brown, but not over cooked.
NotesThis makes a nice addition to Easter Brunch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More