- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 2 9" pies
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups flour
- 1/4 lb. River Brand White Rice
- 1 pint milk
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 of a large container of Ricotta Cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- In a bowl of a food processor add 3 1/2 cups of flour, salt, sugar, shortening and egg.
- Blend until dough pulls away from sides of the bowl.
- Add a the remaining 1/2 cup of flour if dough seems to moist.
- Turn dough out onto a board with a little flour added.
- Knead and shape into a bowl.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Roll out one piece of the dough between 2 pieces of wax paper.
- Repeat with second have and line the bottom of 2 pie plates with dough.
- Beat eggs and add ricotta cheese and beat well. Set aside
- Cook rice part way and drain.
- Add milk and 1 cup of sugar.to rice and finish cooking slowly.
- Take off stove. Cool
- Then add ricotta and remaing sugar.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix well and pour into unbaked pie crusts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. in middle of oven rack.
- Lower oven temp. to 325 degrees and cook for 45 minutes longer.
- The top should be golden brown, but not over cooked.
NotesThis makes a nice addition to Easter Brunch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Breads and Pastry 101
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More