- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 30 to 45 minutes
- Pie Crust:
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups flour
- * If you choose not to make crust, you can buy ready made pie shells. (sweetened)
- 1/4 lb. River Brand Rice
- 1 pint milk
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 of a large container of Ricotta cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Prepare pie crust and place in a 9 in. pie plate. Set aside
- Prepare filling as follows and then place in the pie shell to bake.
- Beat eggs and add ricotta cheese and beat well. Put aside
- Cook rice part way and drain.
- Add mil and 1 cup sugar to rice and finish cooking slowly. Take off of the stove and cool.
- Add ricotta and remaining sugar.
- Add vanilla.
- Bake at 35o degrees for 15 minutes in the middle of oven.
- Lower oven to 325 degrees and cook 45 minutes or longer.
- The top should be golden brown, but don't overcook.
NotesMy friend Debbie passed this recipe on to our Bunco group. She said it wouldn't be Easter without it.
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More