EASTER RICE AND RICOTTA PIE
- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 30 to 45 minutes
- Pie Crust:
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups flour
- * If you choose not to make crust, you can buy ready made pie shells. (sweetened)
- 1/4 lb. River Brand Rice
- 1 pint milk
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 of a large container of Ricotta cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Prepare pie crust and place in a 9 in. pie plate. Set aside
- Prepare filling as follows and then place in the pie shell to bake.
- Beat eggs and add ricotta cheese and beat well. Put aside
- Cook rice part way and drain.
- Add mil and 1 cup sugar to rice and finish cooking slowly. Take off of the stove and cool.
- Add ricotta and remaining sugar.
- Add vanilla.
- Bake at 35o degrees for 15 minutes in the middle of oven.
- Lower oven to 325 degrees and cook 45 minutes or longer.
- The top should be golden brown, but don't overcook.
NotesMy friend Debbie passed this recipe on to our Bunco group. She said it wouldn't be Easter without it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More